(Last update: November, 2015)
Journal papers (selected)
- "A systematic literature review on the barriers faced by newcomers to open source software projects". Information and Software Technology, V. 59, March 2015, p. 67-85.
- "Evolving the System's Core: A Case Study on the Identification and Characterization of Key Developers in Apache Ant” . Computing and Informatics, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p678-724. ISSN 1335-9150.
- "Does test-driven development improve class design? A qualitative study on developers’ perceptions". SpringerOpen Journal of the Brazilian Computer Society, V. 21, September 2015.
- “Do historical metrics and developers communication aid to predict chance couplings?”. IEEE Latin American Transactions, V. 13, Issue 6.
- "Automated Instructional Design for CSCL: A Hierarchical Task Network Planning Approach". Expert Systems with Applications, v. 41, p. 3777-3798
- "Awareness Support in Distributed Software Development: A Systematic Review and Mapping of the Literature". Journal of Computer Supported Cooperative Work (JCSCW), v. 22, Issue 2, p. 113-158.
- "A systematic literature review of service choreography adaptation". Journal of Service Oriented Computing and Applications (SOCA), v. 7, p. 199-216.
- "Service-oriented middleware for the Future Internet: state of the art and research directions". Journal of Internet Services and Applications (JISA), Springer London, v. 2, p. 23-45.
- "Is the unfolding of the group discussion off-pattern? Improving coordination support in educational forums using mobile devices". Computers and Education, Elsevier Science Ltd., v. 54, p. 528-544.
- "Applying the 3C Model to Groupware Development". International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems (IJCIS), v.14, n.2-3, World Scientific, p. 299-328.
- "Analysis and Design of Awareness Elements in Collaborative Digital Environments: A Case Study in the AulaNet Learning Environment". The Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR), v. 14, No. 3, p. 315-332.
- The Development and Application of Distance Learning Courses on the Internet". Open Learning Journal, v. 17, No. 1, Cartafax Pub, p. 23-38.
Conference papers (selected)
- "Overcoming Open Source Project Entry Barriers with a Portal for Newcomers". ICSE 2016 (38th International Conference on Software Engineering).
- "More Common Than You Think: An In-Depth Study of Casual Contributors". SANER 2016 (23rd IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering).
- "Social Barriers Faced by Newcomers Placing Their First Contribution in Open Source Software Projects". ACM CSCW 2015 (18th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work): 1379-1392
- "Experience Report: How do Structural Dependencies Influence Change Propagation? An Empirical Study". ISSRE 2015 (26th IEEE International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering).
- "An Empirical Study of the Relation Between Strong Change Coupling and Defects Using History and Social Metrics in the Apache Aries Project". OSS 2015 (11th International Conference on Open Source Systems): 3-12.
- "Understanding and Supporting the Choice of an Appropriate Task to Start with in Open Source Software Communities". HICSS 2015 (48th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences): 5299-5308
- “Improving Code Quality on Automated Tests of Web Applications: A Set of Patterns”. PLoP 2014 (21st Conference on Pattern Languages of Programs).
- "Social metrics included in prediction models on software engineering: a mapping study". PROMISE 2014 (10th International Conference on Predictive Models in Software Engineering): 72-81
- "Using Structural Holes Metrics from Communication Networks to Predict Change Dependencies". CRIWG 2014 (20th International Conference on Collaboration and Technology): 294-310
- "Choosing an Appropriate Task to Start with in Open Source Software Communities: A Hard Task". CRIWG 2014 (20th International Conference on Collaboration and Technology): 349-356
- "Systematic review on hindering factors for newcomers to open source projects". OSS 2014 (10th International Conference on Open Source Systems).
- "Deploying Large-Scale Service Compositions on the Cloud with the CHOReOS Enactment Engine". NCA 2014 (13th IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications): 121-128
- "What Do the Asserts in a Unit Test Tell Us about Code Quality? A Study on Open Source and Industrial Projects". CSMR 2013 (17th European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering): 111-120
- "A Change Impact Analysis Approach for Workflow Repository Management". ICWS 2013 (20th IEEE International Conference on Web Services).
- “Test-Driven Development Step Patterns For Designing Objects Dependencies”. PLoP 2013 (20th Conference on Pattern Languages of Programs).
- "Characterizing Key Developers in a Development Group: A Case Study with Apache Ant". CRIWG 2012 (17th CRIWG Conference on Collaboration and Technology), Springer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- "How the Practice of TDD Influences Class Design in Object-Oriented Systems: Patterns of Unit Tests Feedback". SBES 2012 (XXVI Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering): 1-10
- "Collaborative Features in Content Sharing Web 2.0 Social Networks: A Domain Engineering Based on the 3C Collaboration Model". CRIWG 2011 (17th CRIWG Conference on Collaboration and Technology), Springer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, v.6969, p. 142-157.
- "On the Interplay between Structural and Logical Dependencies in Open-Source Software". SBES 2011 (25th Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering): 144-153
- "Awareness Support in Global Software Development: A Systematic Review Based on the 3C Collaboration Model". CRIWG 2010 (International Conference on Collaboration and Technology), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, v. 6257, p. 185-201.
- "Inter- and Intra-Relationships between Communication Coordination and Cooperation in the Scope of the 3C Collaboration Model". CSCWD 2008 (12th International Conference on CSCW in Design), v. I, p. 148-153.
- “Development of Groupware based on the 3C Collaboration Model and Component Technology”. CRIWG 2006 (12th International Conference on Groupware): Lecture Notes on Computer Science LNCS 4154, p. 302-309.
- "No Need to Read Messages Right Now: Helping Mediators to Steer Educational Forums Using Statistical and Visual Information". CSCL 2005 (Computer Supported Collaborative Learning Conference): 160-169
- "Assessment of Collaboration in Online Courses". CSCL 2005 (Computer Supported Collaborative Learning Conference): 494-498
- "Towards an Engineering Approach for Groupware Development: Learning from the AulaNet LMS Development". CSCWD 2005 (12th International Conference on CSCW in Design), v. 1, p. 329-333.
- "Analyzing Discourse Structure to Coordinate Educational Forums". ICITS 2004 (7th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring Systems): Lecture Notes on Computer Science LNCS 3220, p. 262-272.
- "Combining Communication and Coordination toward Articulation of Collaborative Activities". CRIWG 2004 (International Conference on Collaboration and Technology), Lecture Notes on Computer Science LNCS 3198, p. 121-136.
- "Modeling Coordination in Business-Webs". I3E 2003 (3rd IFIP Conference on E-commerce, E-business and E-government): 549-559
- "Competency Management for Group Formation in the AulaNet Learning Environment". CRIWG 2003 (International Conference on Collaboration and Technology), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2806, p. 183-190
- "Using Groupware Tools to Extend the Organizational Memory with Collaboration Aspects". CSCWD 2002 (7th International Conference on Collaboration and Technology): 314-319
- "Use of categorization and structuring of messages in order to organize the discussion and reduce information overload in asynchronous textual communication tools". CRIWG 2001 (International Conference on Collaboration and Technology): 136-141
Workshop papers (selected)
- “Fostering Free/Libre Open Source Software community formation: guidelines for communities to support newcomers’ onboarding”. WSL 2015 (XVI International Free Software Workshop).
- “The hard life of open source software project newcomers”. CHASE 2014 (7th International Workshop on Cooperative and Human Aspects of Software Engineering), International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE).
- “Onboarding, and Retaining Newcomer Developers in Open Source Software Projects”.. NEXGSD 2014 (Workshop of Global Software Development in a CSCW perspective), 17th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing.
- “Are All Methods in Your Data Access Objects (DAOs) In The Right Place? A Preliminary Study”... MTD 2014 (5th International Workshop on Managing Technical Debt).
- “Comparing communication and development networks for predicting file change proneness: An exploratory study considering process and social metrics”. SQM 2014 (8th International Workshop on Software Quality and Maintainability), Electronic Communications of the EASST, v. 65.
- "What Can Commit Metadata Tell Us About Design Degradation?". IWPSE 2013 (13th International Workshop on Principles on Software Evolution).
- "Preprocessing Change-Sets to Improve Logical Dependencies Identification". SQM 2012 (6th International Workshop on Software Quality and Maintainability): 17-24.
- “Recommending Mentors to Software Project Newcomers”,. RSSE 2012 (3rd International Workshop on Recommendation Systems for Software Engineering), ICSE.
- "Towards a Classification of Logical Dependencies Origins: A Case Study". IWPSE-EVOL '11 (12th International Workshop on Principles of Software Evolution and the 7th annual ERCIM Workshop on Software Evolution): 31-40
- “XFlow: An Extensible Tool for Empirical Analysis of Software Systems Evolution”. ESELAW 2011 (8th Experimental Software Engineering Latin American Workshop).
- "Prescribing e-Learning Activities Using Workflow Technologies". CSAC 2004 (1st International Workshop on Computer Supported Activity Coordination): International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems – ICEIS.
Book chapters (selected)
- "Change coupling between software artifacts: learning from past changes". The Art and Science of Analyzing Software Data, Elsevier, ISBN 978-0124115194, 2015.
- "The 3C Collaboration Model". The Encyclopedia of E-Collaboration, ISBN 978-1-59904-000-4, p. 637-644, 2007.
- "Communication, Coordination and Cooperation in Computer-Supported Learning: The AulaNet Experience". Advances in Computer-Supported Learning, ISBN 1-59904-356-4, p. 274-297, 2007.
- "Using the AulaNet Learning Environment to Implement Collaborative Learning via Internet". Innovations 2003 – World Innovations in Engineering Education and Research, iNEER, USA, Chap. 23, ISBN 0-9741252-0-2, p. 225-235, 2003.
Edited work (selected)
- "Special Issue on Software Engineering from a Social Network Perspective". SpringerOpen Journal of Internet Services and Applications (JISA), 2015.
- "Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Groupware (CRIWG 2013)". Lecture Notes in Computer Science, v. 8224.
- "Theme: “Web Service Choreographies”. IEEE Computing Now, October 2011
- "Proceeding of the VII Brazilian Symposium on Collaborative Systems (SBSC)", IEEE, 2010.
- "Proceeding of the IV Brazilian Symposium on Collaborative Systems (SBSC)", SBC, ISBN 85-7669-126-4, 2007.
For a complete and updated list of publications, see the information on the top of this page.
For an indication of impact, see Some Numbers.