Welcome to My Website!
I am a Professor at the Northern Arizona University (NAU) and a member of the Computer Science Graduate Program at the University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil. A more formal bio can be found on the career page.
I research the intersections of Software Engineering (SE) and Social Computing (CSCW) (see more details on the Research page). Currently, I am working on the analysis and support of open-source software (OSS) development communities and collaborative systems in general.
I have been serving on the program committee of important conferences, such as: FSE, MSR, CSCW, etc. I was PC Chair/Co-Chair of BotSE 2020 and 2021, IWESEP 2019, SBES 2019, DySDoc 2018, ICGSE 2016, SBCARS 2016, CRIWG 2013, SBSC 2007 and 2010.
- Feb 2022 - ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2023)
- May 2022 - Best paper award at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2022), Software Engineering in Society (SEIS) track
- April 2022 - Promotion to Full Professor at NAU
- November 2021 - Distinguished Mentorship Award, College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences, Northern Arizona University
- October 2020 - IEEE Computer Society TCSE Distinguished Paper Award at the 36th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution
- Distinguished Service Award at the 36th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution for the distinguished service as Doctoral Symposium Co-Chair