Welcome to My Website!
I am a Professor at the Northern Arizona University (NAU) and a member of the Computer Science Graduate Program at the University of São Paulo (USP), Brazil. A more formal bio can be found on the career page.
I research Human Aspects of Software Engineering and Software Engineering Education (see more details on the Research page). Currently, I am working on the analysis and support of open-source software (OSS) development communities and collaborative systems in general.
I have been serving on the program committee of important conferences, including ICSE, FSE, MSR, and CSCW. I am one of the general organizers of ICSME 2024 and has been PC Chair/Co-Chair of several events, such as BotSE, IWESEP, SBES, ICGSE, etc.
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2023)
- Best paper award at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2022), Software Engineering in Society (SEIS) track
- Promotion to Full Professor at NAU (2022)
- Distinguished Mentorship Award, College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences, Northern Arizona University (2021)
- IEEE Computer Society TCSE Distinguished Paper Award at the 36th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (2020)
- Distinguished Service Award at the 36th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution for the distinguished service as Doctoral Symposium Co-Chair (2020)