statGraph is an R package that compiles several statistical methods for graphs (networks). For example, methods for graph parameter estimation, model selection (GIC - Graph Information Criterion), a statistical test to discriminate two or more populations of graphs (GANOVA - Graph Analysis of Variability), correlation between graphs, etc.
- Takahashi DY, Sato JR, Ferreira CE, Fujita A. Discriminating different classes of biological networks by analyzing the graphs spectra distribution. PLoS ONE. 7: e49949, 2012.
- de Siqueira Santos S, Takahashi DY, Sato JR, Ferreira CE, Fujita A. Statistical methods in graphs: parameter estimation, model selection, and test. In: Yongtang Shi, Sueliang Li, Matthias Dehmer (Eds.). Mathematical foundations and applications of graph entropy. Wiley-Blackwell. 6: 183-202, 2016.
- Fujita A, Takahashi DY, Balardin JB, Vidal MC, Sato JR. Correlation between graphs with an application to brain network analysis. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis. 109: 76-92, 2017.
- Fujita A, Vidal MC, Takahashi DY. A statistical method to distinguish functional brain networks. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 11: 1, 2017.
Slope is a non-parametric and data-driven method for estimating the number of clusters. This approach uses the output of any clustering algorithm. The R function is available at cstab.
- Fujita A, Takahashi DY, Patriota AG. A non-parametric method to estimate the number of clusters. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis. 73: 27 - 39, 2014.
ANOCVA statistically tests whether two or more populations are equally clustered. ANOCVA allows the comparison of multiple groups simultaneously and identifies features that contribute to the differential clustering.
- Fujita A, Takahashi DY, Patriota AG, Sato JR. A non-parametric statistical test to compare clusters with applications in functional magnetic resonance imaging data. Statistics in Medicine. 33: 4949 - 4962, 2014.
- Vidal MC, Sato JR, Balardin JB, Takahashi DY, Fujita A. ANOCVA in R: a software to compare clusters between groups and its application to the study of autism spectrum disorder. Frontiers in Neuroscience. 11: 1, 2017.