George Box´s 90th birthday

Prezados,

Eu acredito que devemos homenagear as pessoas principalmente enquanto elas estao vivas. Para aqueles que tiveram a honra de conhecer George Box, segue abaixo a email de Norman Draper.

abs.

ronaldo

October 19, 2009 ... which is a Monday, is George Box's 90th birthday.

Around that time, or maybe on that day, a party will be held at
George's house in Shorewood:

911 Western Road
Madison, WI, 53705

If you will be in the area, you are invited to drop in and congratulate
George personally.

Most of you won't make this in person, of course.
But let me suggest the following to do around that time.

Buy a birthday card and send it to George. Also enclose a photo of yourself,
either a recent one, or one when you were a student, or both, so that
he can see who you are. [Amazingly, faculty members can remember names
and faces but often can't pair them up!]

Maybe you could add a note to the back of the photo like, for example:

"I was at WI  1993-95 and attended your Monday night beer seminar."

[or whatever is appropriate for you.]

Also, if you know others who may not be on our mailing list, please let them know of this letter.

Norman Draper.

begin:vcard
fn:Ronaldo Dias
n:Dias;Ronaldo