Last update: the same rainny night around 3A.M.
Writing / Research / Presentation Tips
Links I found useful for writing, researching and presentation.
Some of them has links to PhD writing tips too.
Any contributions, critics or sugestions are welcome (riko at ime.usp.br).
- Read my advisorīs writing tips pages (http://www.ime.usp.br/~kon/ResearchStudents)
- In Writing and Presenting Your Thesis or Dissertation (http://www.learnerassociates.net/dissthes/index.htm) you can find guidelines and many useful links
- Basic Research Skills in Computing Science (http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~johnson/teaching/research_skills/basics.html)
- What is Research in Computing Science? (http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~johnson/teaching/research_skills/research.html)
- Advice to a Beginning Graduate Student or What is Research? or The 4 R's of Graduate School: Reading, Rithmetic, Research, and Writing (http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/%7Emblum/research/pdf/grad.html
- How to Succeed in Graduate School: A Guide for Students and Advisors - Part I of II (http://www.acm.org/crossroads/xrds1-2/advice1.html)
- How to Succeed in Graduate School: A Guide for Students and Advisors - Part II of II (http://www.acm.org/crossroads/xrds1-3/advice2.html)
- NOTES ON GIVING A RESEARCH TALK (http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/users/elkan/254/speaking.html)
- How to give a good research talk (http://research.microsoft.com/Users/simonpj/papers/giving-a-talk/giving-a-talk.htm)
Back to Home
Ricardo Koji Ushizaki - IME - USP - riko at ime.usp.br