Fwd: Now Available! Annual Reviews of Statistics and Its Application

De: "Annual Reviews" <annualreviews@sci.scientific-direct.net>
Para: "C G B Demetrio" <clarice.demetrio@usp.br>
Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 4 de Abril de 2014 9:33:13
Assunto: Now Available! Annual Reviews of Statistics and Its Application

We are pleased to provide you with information on products and services that might be of interest to you. Want to keep receiving these valuable messages in your inbox? Click here to find out how.
Online version | Mobile friendly
Annual Review of Statistics and Its Application

Annual Reviews, the nonprofit publisher that intelligently synthesizes critical research literature, is pleased to announce the new Annual Review of Statistics and Its Application, which will offer free online access until January 2015.

Statistics is not just about the methodology in a particular application domain; it also focuses on how to go from the particular to the general and back to the particular again. This new journal will publish reviews that bring modern methodologies and their applications across disciplines to statisticians and nonstatisticians alike.

"In-depth work in areas of application lie at the core of modern statistics, and we hope to promulgate this cross-disciplinary perspective in the Annual Review of Statistics and Its Application. In this journal, we hope to publish reviews that will bring these modern ideas to statisticians and nonstatisticians alike. We also expect to include articles that focus on core statistical principles, lest these be lost in a sea of new methods and computational algorithms." -Editor, Stephen E. Fienberg

View the full Table of Contents for Volume 1.

The 22 reviews in this volume inform statisticians, quantitative methodologists, and users of statistics more broadly about major methodological advances and the computational tools that allow for their implementation. Topics in this volume include methodological articles on Bayesian computational tools and Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) algorithms, as well as articles focused on statistical applications in ecology, climate modeling, brain imaging analysis, and the role of statistics in the discovery of a Higgs boson.

Editor

Stephen E. Fienberg, Carnegie Mellon University

Associate Editors

Nancy Reid, University of Toronto
Stephen M. Stigler, University of Chicago

Editorial Committee

Lawrence D. Brown, University of Pennsylvania
Ursula Gather, Technische Universitat Dortmund
Xihong Lin, Harvard University
Thomas A. Louis, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Sylvia Richardson, Cambridge University
Bernard W. Silverman, UK Home Office

Free online access to Volume 1 is available now through January 2015*.

*Upon publication of Volume 2 in 2015, normal access control for Volume 1 will be implemented.

Annual Reviews - Connect With Our Experts

4139 El Camino Way
Palo Alto, CA 94306

http://www.annualreviews.org

Unsubscribe here from future Annual Reviews marketing emails

Share:

You have received this e-mail in the genuine belief that its contents would be of interest to you. To not receive these messages from Scientific Direct or other carefully selected organizations, please go to our preference page.

Scientific Direct
1500 Spring Garden Street
4th Fl
Philadelphia, PA 19130