Grupo de Inferência Bayesiana (GIB)

Seminário do Grupo de Inferência Bayesiana (GIB)
24/10/2008-14 horas
Sala de seminários do Departamento de Estatística- UFSCar-São Carlos-SP

Título:  A hands-on approach for fitting long-term survival models under the GAMLSS framework
Mário de Castro
USP/ICMC
São Carlos-SP

Abstract
The main goal of this talk is to foster the application of the
 generalized additive models for location, scale, and shape (GAMLSS)
 framework to the fitting of long-term survival models.
 In our work the number of competing causes of the event of interest
 follows the negative binomial distribution. In this way, some well
 known models found in the literature are characterized as particular
cases of our proposal. The model is conveniently reparametrized
 in terms of the cured fraction, which is then linked to covariates. We
 explore the use of the gamlss package in R as a powerful tool for
 inference in long-term survival models. The procedure is illustrated
 with a step-by-step numerical example.

Estão todos convidados, abraços Josemar

Para mais detalhes consultar a página: www.ufscar.br/~des